Saturday, February 20, 2010

A few quilts I've done



This is the very first quilt I started. It's a block of the month, and I'm pretty darn proud of it.




My goal is to have a different quilt each month. The only problem is.... I really like fall, and Halloween. So I have 2 Halloween quilts right now, and one Fall, with fabric for several others. Hmmmmm. I also like snowmen, and snowflakes.....



I also really like to do throw size quilts. I would go nutso making big ones. Not nearly enough patience, and they are just so hard to maneuver.














I've done a bright one for Brianna, and a crazy one for Conner. I'm sure they will get more down the road. Conner uses his every night. He loves to sleep cold, then snuggle under a bunch of quilts. Brianna uses hers on her bed, but it's more decorative I think.


For the rag quilt, I embroidered the blocks, then put it all together. I'm working on another snowman one, that has a ton of embroidery. My goal is to have it done by Christmas 2011. We'll see......



The red and white star one is actually one I did at a quilt retreat. This quilt made me realize my machine is a "toy" machine, because it DID not like all the seams at these points!!

Some of these are for friends that retired, or had babies, or for a Christmas present.


Yes, another Halloween one. I told you.... I really really like Halloween! And the witches undies fabric in this is the best. Makes the whole quilt!


And this is a cute baby one. I did one in pinks and browns too, but forgot to take a pic. And maybe, just maybe, the baby this was meant for will actually get it before his 1st bday...... maybe.



No comments: