A friend and I spent a few days down in Cedar City at a quilt retreat this past week. It was a three day event, with classes, prizes, show and tells, and other fun things. I had signed up for a few different classes, thinking they were going to be sooo hard. Look at the quilt above for example. It's made with a technique called paper piecing. I was really nervous to try it. But as this next pic shows, I did it! I actually understood it, and if I do say so myself, my first block looks pretty darn good. When I finish it, hopefully soon, I will show and tell!There are 16 blocks in the quilt, and they will all be in shades of red, pink, cream or tan and brown. It it so detailed, but I'm excited to get it finished. One day, maybe.

This is my friend Tanya showing off her piecing skills. This was another class we took, called the Hunter Star. If I had thought about it before now, I would have taken pictures of some other peoples blocks as well. There were so many different color combinations, and all looked so different.

And last, but not least, this is my Hunter Star. I've almost got it done. This was a fun, fairly easy pattern to do. I think one of the funiest things about this retreat was meeting all the different people. Mostly women, a few men, but all different ages. Of course, Tanya and I were about the youngest there! But no matter what the age was, we had quilting in common, and some of those older ladies were hilarious. Especially during the 'all night' sew, which only went to about 1 a.m. Again, 'older' women just don't last as long as they used too. So, I'm excited to run away again next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment